Trainnews Discussion Forum :  Trainnews The fastest message board... ever.
Moderated discussion forum with direct link data for your own bookmark. 
How to embed a photo into your post
Posted by: espee99 ()
Date: December 11, 2021 09:58AM

1. Process the image to reduce it to a size of less than 614k. I find a width of 850 pixels works well.

2. Create your topic on the forum. (new topic or reply to an existing topic)

3. Click 'attach file' and select the file on your computer, then press the 'attach' button.

4. Complete the text of your topic.

5. If you want your image to be at the end of the text you are finished simply post your topic, if you wish to embed your photo place the cursor in the text and press the 'create link in message' button (as was done to post the image below).

6. Complete your topic and post.

Note: You can attach both JPEG and PDF files, and are limited to 3 images per message.

Options: ReplyQuote
How can I create a post on this site that will display an image that exists on another site?
Posted by: WebDigger ()
Date: February 08, 2022 02:04AM

As I'm beginning to create posts here at TN, I'm finding I can't get my posts to display images that exist on other sites like I can over at AP. Here's an example of trying to display here an image that exists on another site --

I've copied the image link and pasted it here --

-- and tried to use it here by using the "Insert Image URL" button on the toolbar

-- but the image doesn't display -- at least not in my Preview.

I've found that if I right-click on link text that shows up where I want an image to be that I can open the image at its home site.

I've found that the problem doesn't seem to exist if I try display images that exist on the TN site.

So, how can I open/display here at TN an image that exists outside the TN site?

This link/text was created by pasting the url as text and then pasting the url into the "Insert URL" button.
https://img.atlasobscura.com/JCh5Tjd0FVQ7jPmAs7B8ex1HedS7Tfd2whDQwWoW3F0/rt:fit/h:390/q:81/sm:1/scp:1/ar:1/aHR0cHM6Ly9hdGxh/cy1kZXYuczMuYW1h/em9uYXdzLmNvbS91/cGxvYWRzL3BsYWNl/X2ltYWdlcy8zMzI5/NmJjMy01YWFjLTQ4/ZjUtYjNjNS00NmMw/NzM4ZjU1NDdiZTVl/MTM3NzNiZWUxYzFi/ODJfR2V0dHlJbWFn/ZXMtOTc2MjU0ODQ4/LmpwZw.jpg

Re: How can I create a post on this site that will display an image that exists on another site?
Posted by: Negin ()
Date: February 09, 2022 04:16PM

I believe there might be a config issue for including off-site links. I've seen this error before.

I may install this forum software on my server to learn the tricks of it. It is the same software platform as AP, but configured differently then the open un-moderated format on the other site.

Attachments: StratPro.png (162.3 KB)  
Re: How can I create a post on this site that will display an image that exists on another site?
Posted by: admin ()
Date: February 09, 2022 06:35PM

Yes it is the same software, and yes some features are different. We only allow PDF and JPG attachments.

The insert URL button is the same one used to link to Trainnews, it provides a method of including a link in the text.

Posted by: Negin ()
Date: February 21, 2022 01:20PM

Suggestion for our Webdigger is you can make an account here, in case a post gets messed up, you can edit it to fix it.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 614.4 KB
  • 3 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Guests: 76 on October 03, 2021
This forum Maintained by Trainnews.org.