NEWS 2023 :  Trainnews The fastest message board... ever.
Trainnews postings for 2023 
Volume 16 - issue 035
Posted by: admin ()
Date: August 27, 2023 09:04AM

Trainnews.org does not vet the accuracy of the articles referenced in this posting. The content of the links is the sole responsibility of the original provider.

This Issue's Photo Please send photos to photos@trainnews.org

A west bound Canadian National coal train passes through the CN yard at Boston Bar, British Columbia on May 15th. 2015. After a short stop the train will continue westward, eventually arriving in Vancouver.

Alex Mayes photo.

Photos shared are the property of the photographer, if you wish to share the images please email admin@trainnews.org and we will give you contact information in order to obtain their premission. Unless otherwise noted please do not share the images in this web site. Thank You

Domestic News (Canada, Mexico and USA)

New Coastliner train runs trial trips from Wiscasset to Bath
[www.bangordailynews.com]

California high-speed rail project looks to build Central Valley train fleet
[www.msn.com]

Largest US railroad union wants regulators to ensure conductors are properly trained following 2 recent deaths
[www.foxnews.com]

Will Brightline replace the 90-year-old St. Lucie River railroad bridge after all?
[news.yahoo.com]

Rail whistleblowers fired for voicing safety concerns despite efforts to end retaliation
[www.stltoday.com]

Federal court derails proposed Utah oil railroad
[www.hcn.org]

Adirondack Railroad back in service to Old Forge
[www.msn.com]

New St. Lucie River railroad bridge could cost $218 million, take over 4 years
[www.wflx.com]

International News

Senior railway official begins probe into Madurai train coach fire
[www.devdiscourse.com]

1st freight train crosses Iran from Russia en route to KSA
[en.mehrnews.com]

Tesla To Start Its Own Free Railway Shuttle Service For Berlin Gigafactory Workers
[www.msn.com]

Special Notice

This is the final edition of 'Trainnews'. I picked up gathering news articles over 16 years ago and the time has flown by. But as some one once said all good things must come to an end, and so this will be the last publication.

I would like to thank Alex Mayes, Norm Schultze and the others, whom over the years have contributed to this publication and also to Dave
Curley for the help and support putting this service online.

The time has come for me to return to trackside and 'roll the freights by', spend time with the grand kids and enjoy my other interests.

If anyone is interested in continuing the service contact me at admin@trainnews.org to explore options.

Thanks Timl

-- 30 --

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Volume 16 - issue 035
Posted by: Charles /Stookey ()
Date: August 27, 2023 06:58PM

Congratulations on a great run. Your posts have has kept me in touch with what is happening. It must have been a lot of work finding the stories and then putting the post together. Thank you for your dedication. Enjoy your new spare time although there will be a lot of things that will fill up that spare time. Thank You.

Re: Volume 16 - issue 035
Posted by: BOB2 ()
Date: August 28, 2023 10:10AM

I've been a follower of Train News for all of that sixteen years, since before I retired. I considered it to be a valuable source of information on current railroad topics. It was also required reading for my rail planning staff back then, as well.

I know the work that goes into this kind of on-line production week after week. My son produces on-line rail and otherhistoy content, so I have appreciated the hard work and discipline needed to do something like this, so well.

Congratulations on your "retirement" from producing Train News. And I do hope that some of our younger generation of rails and railfans take up your offer to carry on with this great source of rail news.

BOB2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Guests: 76 on October 03, 2021
This forum Maintained by Trainnews.org.